2222 E. Washington Ave. Built 1922
Madison Landmark Collegiate Gothic
Opened September 13, 1922. The Fifth Street wing opened in 1932, and in the mid 1930s the Manual Arts
building was replaced by another wing. Both additions were designed by Riley.
The second high school in Madison and oldest still in operation. Ingersoll street was the original
boundry separating students between East and Central. The
land was purchased from George Steinle, when the school opened it was on the far eastern end of town.
Mascot: Peppy the Purgolder - An animal resembling a puma.
Colors: Purple & Gold
Newspaper: Tower Times
Yearbook: Tower Times